Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Its all about the hype!

When it comes to gaming, anticipation is half the draw. Game companys hype their games up so much that some players might chew their arm off with excitement before the game comes out. In some circumstances, games that may not neccesarily be any good will be a huge selling sucess if they hype is done right, and if the game happens to be done right the sucess is almost instantly doubled. My current "chew my arm off in excitement game" is none other then "Call of duty Modern Warfare 2".

Bieng an avid player of the prequel, Modern warfare 2 was automatically on my buy the first day list. At E3 (Electronics Expo) a trailer of the game was released, and after watching it at least 45 times my jaw still remained on the floor. Company's that can deliver and experience of the game without ever playing it is a huge leg up in selling games and gaining popularity without ever releasing a game.

1 comment:

DGreh said...

chew my arm off in excitement game...
I wouldn't chw my arm off, but the images are amazing... it's so clear and real. I did, however, want to clean the screen. They should have a squeegee person come along at some point and clean it!